F

Pictures from a Pumpkin Patch

PS: The above pictures are from ABC Tree Farms’ Sunnyvale Patch. You may also like -- A place to ‘live it up’ this Fall Lick, through my lens Exotic...

PS: The above pictures are from ABC Tree Farms’ Sunnyvale Patch.

You may also like --
Categories
Uncategorized
28 Comments on this post.
  • R Niranjan Das
    8 November 2012 at 5:18 am
      10 November 2012 at 11:44 pm

Me too Niranjan, I fell in love with the colour and its shades. The place looked beautiful with all those pumpkins.

So sorry for the late reply; I'm in the middle of a little travelling. I hope all's well with you.

• R Niranjan Das
      14 November 2012 at 3:23 pm

Engottanu? is it Colorado?

21 November 2012 at 2:14 am

Athe, athe 😉
      Can't wait to put up all the travel tales. 🙂

• Rahul Bhatia
    8 November 2012 at 6:01 am

Lovely alluring pics of pumpkins , Divya:)

10 November 2012 at 11:44 pm

Thank you Mr. Bhatia. They do look beautiful, don't they!

• Desi Traveler
    8 November 2012 at 8:45 am

Very colorful pictures… with all the NRIs returning to India Halloween is not celebrated in pockets in big cities in India. Most people forget that it is a pre Christian pagan festival also celebrated in agrarian communities in India. I remember it as a child in north India where boys will carry a small clay toy and girls a clay lantern with a lighted lamp and go from home to home to ask for money. It was called Tesu and Jhanjee… forgotten… now…check twitter Desi Traveler…for one of the Kids photo taken on Halloweeen.. phew long comment…

10 November 2012 at 11:51 pm

Oh, I see. Nice to learn about Tesu and Jhanjee. That was news to me. Thank you for sharing that info with us. I'm guessing the lanterns were carried so as to ward off evil spirits. I'm also reminded of the Chinese New year; they also do that, don't they?

See you on twitter, Desi Traveler. Thank you for the long comment. 🙂 Thank you once again for sharing that info.

• Desi Traveler
    8 November 2012 at 8:46 am

pls.. pls read halloween is now celebrated….in first line

10 November 2012 at 11:52 pm

I presumed you meant 'it is now celebrated' 🙂
      Thank you once again.

• Bikramjit
    8 November 2012 at 4:17 pm

wowo such big huge pumpkins , and lovely pictures

Bikram's

10 November 2012 at 11:56 pm

Thank you Bikram. 🙂 You should see the pumpkins they take for weigh offs. They are humongous. I've only seen them on TV, though. 🙁
      If I do get to see them, I'll surely put up the pictures.

• Krishna
    10 November 2012 at 10:22 am

interesting pumpkins…

happy Diwali…

thanks

10 November 2012 at 11:56 pm

Thank you Krishna. Happy Diwali to you too.:)

• jaish_vats
    10 November 2012 at 3:09 pm

Some of them are really huge eh?

10 November 2012 at 11:57 pm

Yeah. Did you see the tiny ones. They're damn cute. 🙂
      I hope you are doing good.

• Jay Singh
    11 November 2012 at 5:13 am
      12 November 2012 at 10:26 pm

Thanks Jay. These are from a pumpkin patch in Sunnyvale. I'm guessing this place is now getting filled with Christmas trees these days. 🙂

• Sneo
    11 November 2012 at 11:17 am

Terrific! They had a pumpkin carving festival here in Germany as well. Mostly people with kids had registered. I am not a kid or have no kid.So i didn't have the courage to turn up. Wish I had some more company of adults in in US though. I guess this would be so much fun even to adults 🙂

12 November 2012 at 10:28 pm

Hey Sneha, long time… 🙂
      You're in Germany these days? If you have west coast plans next fall, let's carve one together. :).

• Kishan P
    11 November 2012 at 5:01 pm

Man.. those are some big pumpkins. Did you take a couple of them home for some pumpkin-carving and some err… errisery? 😀

12 November 2012 at 10:33 pm

Errisery? hahaha! Actually that's a great idea. Next time, for sure. :D.

I actually did want to try carving one this year. But the trip to a pumpkin patch happened really late, so I just gave up the idea. It was almost Halloween and we were busy getting ready for a week-long trip. I'm carving one next year; that's for sure. If it's not too ugly, I'll put it up on my other blog.

• Raj
    13 November 2012 at 12:27 am

Haloween is a festival that fascinates me a lot. 🙂 What with the different characters and costumes. And I love pumpkins and the way they are designed into various shapes. Lovely captures here. Hope you had a wonderful and fun filled haloween. 🙂

And wish u a very very happy diwali too. 🙂

14 November 2012 at 9:32 am

We didn't do anything much this Halloween. Didn't even get to dress up the little one. I wanted to try a hand at some pumpkin carving and that didn't happen too :(. But yeah, Halloween can be a really fun affair.

Thanks Raj, Happy Diwali to you too.

• magiceye
    14 November 2012 at 1:48 am

Lovely captures!! The ambiance comes through!

14 November 2012 at 9:34 am

Thank you Magiceye. The patch really was a beautiful sight thanks to those pumpkins. I had never seen this many pumpkins in one place, so couldn't help taking these pictures. 🙂

• Panchali
    14 November 2012 at 11:43 am

WOW…Such delicious pumpkins!I love pumpkin soup and this is the season to make it….Very interesting pics, Divya. Haven't seen this variety in India…

14 November 2012 at 6:35 pm

With all the pumpkin carving talk going on, I'd almost forgotten that we could cook up some great dishes with these pumpkins :D. Pumpkin soup sounds good; a friend of mine was telling me she made it a couple of days ago.

Yeah, even I've not seen this variety back home. When my mom was returning home after her visit here she took back some seeds of another kind of Pumpkin also not found around there. She planted them and says it is doing very well. 🙂

Enter your email address: