F

Utah’s rocky deserts – II

The Lights and Shades-of-Grey edition: As I went through my travel albums I found that I had more photographs from that morning’s (read post- Utah’s Rocky Deserts -I) Amtrak...
The Lights and Shades-of-Grey edition:

As I went through my travel albums I found that I had more photographs from that morning’s (read post- Utah’s Rocky Deserts -I) Amtrak journey through Utah. It was interesting to see how light played on the rocks and bushes and created shadows as it rose.

So here is another post of Utah’s rocky deserts catching the morning light. I decided to go black and white this time, to keep monotony at bay and to show you what the light does to the landscape. So here are the pictures of the semi arid-area in black and white and several shades of grey:

Linking to the meme —

If you missed the previous post which was in ‘colour, you might want to check it out here —
You may also like --
Categories
Kid-Friendly TripsLithic LandscapesNatural WondersNatureScenic RoutesViews
18 Comments on this post.
  • Andrea Priebe
    13 April 2015 at 2:05 pm

Well, I have to admit I yearned for the color of these wonderful shots, but the more I looked, the more I was taken in by the light. I do love the little boy with his face pasted to the window … really sweet. Nice job, but I never get tired of the colors of Utah so you could have done it either way and I would have been happy …

Andrea @ From The Sol

• dNambiar
      14 April 2015 at 11:45 am

I'm sure Andrea. 🙂 I loved the landscape and the colours and can't wait to see more of beautiful Utah.
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment.
      Now let me hop on to your blog and see what light you just caught. 😉

• marsha
    13 April 2015 at 5:25 pm

lovely photos. Great light in the first one and a lovely silhouette in the next!

• dNambiar
      14 April 2015 at 11:50 am

Thank you so much, Marsha. 🙂

• NatureFootstep
    13 April 2015 at 9:20 pm

I´ve been to Utah once long ago. Loved those rocks. You captured nice light and so seem the child do too. 🙂

• dNambiar
      14 April 2015 at 11:52 am

Isn't is beautiful. I've seen very little and loved what I did see. Looking forward to seeing more. And I hope I catch some great light there next time too. 😉

Thank you Monica. 🙂

• Lmkazmierczak
    14 April 2015 at 2:23 am
    • dNambiar
      14 April 2015 at 12:03 pm

🙂
      I thought I'd play with the pictures a little bit, this week.
      Laurie I love your flowers and the bee and the light in your entry. So, so beautiful. Enjoy the season.

• bettyl-NZ
    14 April 2015 at 4:59 am

It is quite amazing what differences light makes on a scene. I do like the great shadows you found.

• dNambiar
      14 April 2015 at 12:08 pm

I swear!
      And now I look at light like I never did before. I'm so grateful to Monica.
      I'm glad you like the light and the shadows. Thank you Betty. And I love your 'ducklings in the sun.' 🙂

• Prasad Np
    14 April 2015 at 5:01 am

Never been to Utah…interesting experiment in B/W, somehow I have never been too successful with B/W.

The kid next to the window evokes so many memories of me traveling in trains as a child…

• dNambiar
      14 April 2015 at 12:46 pm

I'm sure Desi Traveler will love the landscapes.

Experiments they are. Since this was my second post on light on those dry landscapes, I thought I'd play with it a little.

That's my sonny boy. He'd just woken up and was enjoying the early morning sight. What a way to begin a day, right? That long train ride was quite an experience for him.

I can imagine a young Prasad enjoying some desi landscapes on his many train journeys. If only he'd known he would be a popular travel blogger one day, I'm sure he'd have taken loads of pictures.
      I bet those trips shaped the traveller in him. 🙂

• Rahul Bhatia
    14 April 2015 at 6:19 am

Absolute beauty and captured with perfection, Divya!

• dNambiar
      14 April 2015 at 12:46 pm

🙂
      Thank you so much, Mr. Bhatia.

• magiceye
    14 April 2015 at 2:15 pm

Wonderful landscapes!!

• dNambiar
      15 April 2015 at 12:12 pm

Aren't they? 🙂

Thank you for coming this way, Magic eye. 🙂

• Kokila Gupta
    7 May 2015 at 4:23 pm

Sheer beauty ! In this grey edition , the bushes in the second last one seemed like fog has settled on earth !
    You are clicking magic girl !
    lots of love to the silhouetted one and the sibling 🙂

• wanderingjatin.com
    14 May 2015 at 12:34 pm

Pics came out great in b/w, and the effect is dramatic. Loved the other set of pictures too, and such contrast they are the golden vs the black… 🙂

I'm sure you had a great time there.

Enter your email address: